Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #16
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
That's why I don't bother to carry any tools other than the stock tool kit. I probably wouldn't know how to use 'em. I'd be better off carrying a spare cell phone battery and a compass.
That explains a few things right there.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #17

I camp from my bike and use the bags for other things that I want to keep dry and clean. Have been out for five days at a time and space get limited fast when you are gone for that amount of time.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24racefan View Post
I camp from my bike and use the bags for other things that I want to keep dry and clean. Have been out for five days at a time and space get limited fast when you are gone for that amount of time.
I was the same way until I put a trunk on the back and a rack on the trunk. And, I ride solo so I travel with pack on the back seat. I also camp and do so as often as I can. With my set up, I could hit the road for a month and hope to this summer!!

Old 03-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #19

Quote:
I misunderstood your situation. When you said you didn't want them bouncing around in the bags, I assumed the bags were relatively empty.

I have been on the road for 23 days straight, camping about 60% of the nights, two up, so I understand the need to conserve space. For a trip, do whatever you need to do to get your gear packed securely on the bike.

The OEM tool kit is decent. What would you need to do that the tools in the kit don't cover?
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 03-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #20
Advanced Member

Quote:
2010 nomad. Was looking for a way to store a few more tools on the bike and would like to keep it water tight so they don't rust. Don't want them bouncing around in the side bag so I was thinking maybe a pvc pipe with screw off lid. Could mount it under the rear rack tucked up by the back rest maybe. Input???
I went to walmart before my Sturgis trip last year and found a vinyl zippered pouch that works great for extra tools. I can actually fit a pretty good bit of stuff in there. I put some wrenches and sockets, pliers, small roll of duct tape, roll of electrical tape, zip ties, fuse assortments, etc.... I found it in the tool section. I posted a link below, it is not the exact one that i got but this gives you an idea of what I used. You can lay it flat in the bottom of the bag.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/MMF-Indust...-Pack/19582068

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #21
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
That explains a few things right there.
Figured everyone already knew that.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD