Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 06-12-2012, 06:10 AM   #1

Right side exhaust

Ok, maybe I'm goimg crazy, but has anyone noticed the right side exhaust on vaquro is much louder than the left? Never notice until I drilled my baffels on the stock exhaust. Now I installed the Cobra Tri-Ovals and its even more noticable. It's like driveing with the balance of a stereo adjusted all the way to the right. I can understand why. but does anyone else have this issue?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessenone View Post
Ok, maybe I'm goimg crazy, but has anyone noticed the right side exhaust on vaquro is much louder than the left? Never notice until I drilled my baffels on the stock exhaust. Now I installed the Cobra Tri-Ovals and its even more noticable. It's like driveing with the balance of a stereo adjusted all the way to the right. I can understand why. but does anyone else have this issue?
Did you actually consider your right hearing may be better than your left? when was the last time you had a hearing check? no I am not being sarcastic as I have hearing loss in both ears with my left one worse than my right.
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Old 06-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #3

It's not my hearing. I have that tested every 2 years for my job. Now I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my bike. It makes sence since the right side is a straight path for the exhaust and the left has the crossover. I just find it odd that no one has mentioned this before. I've had over 40 bikes in my life and I've never experienced this.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #4

Because of the way the "collection" box balancing is designed, the right side gets a majority of the air flow.

I put a little more restriction on the right side to even out the exiting exhaust pressures, scientifically measured with my hands . . . .

This picture is from another bike and application, but is essentially what I did. I found a copper plumbing fitting that fit in the mid pipe (between the crossover collector and the actual muffler). Just a small amount of restriction was needed. You may even want to try a couple to make sure you have what you like. Either drill it and screw it into place, all hidden by the heat shield, or rivet it like I did.

Do this to the right side only, and I think you'll like the results!
-Jay
formerly 2005 Nomad - black/silver