Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > 2018 CanadaEast/Northeast U.S. Rally

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2018, 04:02 PM   #1

Pissed Baddeck Rally That Just Keeps Giving

So far prior to leaving for Baddeck I flushed my gas tank and lines. Replaced the Fuel Filter and Fuel Pump. On the ride I had spark issue, felt it was the battery. So even though the battery was only a couple years old, swopped it out in North Sydney. Then continued with everyone enjoying ridding the island. On my way home from my overnight in Truro, the voltage meter on the bike started to fluctuate between 12.6V to 11.8V not good. Turning everything off not needed made no difference.
Just retuned from having the Stator tested, there lied the problem. The Stator connector to the rear of the Duel Stators was melted and burnt. So "New Duel Stators And Connectors" are ordered, and should be here by ( I hope ) Friday.
One very good battery thrown away. But the good side, I was able to still ride with my " VERY GOOD FRIENDS ". So it was worth the price of a battery to do so, " NO REGRETS ".
If you are looking for bike parts at reasonable prices check out this web site. They have both Canadian and American decisions.

rmstator.com (be sure you're on the correct site for where you are)

Login or Register to Remove Ads