Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 08-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #16
Advanced Member

The Case of The Non-Venting Gas Tank

OK- Got it, Mac. I guess we'll hope the EPA doesn't read this... ???

Thank you very much for your research on this!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #17
Sr. Contributor

The Case of The Non-Venting Gas Tank

The EPA is why we must do this... They would have common man break the laws of physics, and burn thin air alone. That might look good on paper, but in the real world it won't fly.

I don't make a living doing this, and if I did then it might be a problem, and I don't think you make a living doing this either, so the EPA can go pound salt for all i care.

Even in Cal after a engine has so many miles it need not meet all EPA spec..

The EPA is nuts, and is after chain saws.... In a way I hope they win that score so there won't be any more paper! Sometimes I think paper is the root of all evil... next is the pen....

I was a long time tech once... back in the day, it was all the 'Greens' with beater VW's, and save the earth stickers who ran the most discussting cars, blowing out blue oil smoke mile after mile.

I heard all sorts of reasons why they would not ever change oil, and would allow engines to simply break down in the name of a cleaner world.

Leaded fuel was a bad thing, but to add lead to fuel made it cost more. Then when it came time to get the lead out it too cost more as if somehow all fuel was leaded by nature or something.

Lead was an additive, and so what did the EPA do? Why they added worse things like MBTA.

I think the very same people who set out to save the world made it worse than it was to begin with.

And now they are up on arms, oops I mean ink, which is dammned toxic to make too, and want to tax carbon, and because we are not deep in the next coming ICE AGE?

I for one would welcome the next Ice Age, but I have wild wooland skills, no one in the EPA has LOL.

On the other hand i want a re-bate for summer, since it has been so cold here the garden went in late, and is late, and may not even get to harvest before FROST kills it all.

Right now I am dead serious, and might be dead because i can't buy food if I don't make it myself!

The whole agentcy might mean well, but all their facts are based on Walt Disney land.

The next brain dead move they have pulled, is this Clunker program!

No one at the EPA has figured out a hand full of sand which can be re-claimed is as good if not better than the TOXIC waste the chems they will use to kill an engine with, also based on OIL.

No one thought about the heat and carbon waste there at all, but never the less off to CHINA these engines will go to be re-claimed, and we will get it all back in for crap steel and alloy, with far less tech than we are accustomed too. Bad castings all porous, weak stressed metals, heating incorrectlym and cooled incorrectly containing all sorts of impurity.

None of these people have any experience in what they do, other than mark on papers.

Probably none of them can even start a BBQ unless it runs on gas and you press a button to get the thing running.

I consider the EPA no more than a bad joke, and will until plastics are banned for every thing short of medical uses. That counts the whole oil industry, which is based on corruption and greed.

For any given item made of toxins, I can match it will a cleaner re-cycled product, such as real glass, natural cloth and etc..

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it