Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toga View Post
Finally got it back. all the leaks are sealed, the PC is in and sent to the dyno. The new HP is 75.71 and the Torque is 101.55 - that is a vast improvement over the 68 and 87 (respectively).

Ray - haven't installed the throttle yet. I will let you know how it runs afterwards.
NICE GAINS...lots more fun to ride now!!

RACNRAY

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
NICE GAINS...lots more fun to ride now!!

RACNRAY
Now I just got to find time to ride it. LOL
Funky thing the fella who did the dyno says that the ignition system shuts off when the throttle is closed but the fuel injection system keeps pumping. So, when the throttle is opened it pops because of the fuel in the cylinders. What's your take?

Old 10-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #3

All hail racnray

The throttle mod is the BOMB! Ray, I have to be honest - I did not know there was a lag until after I installed the new throttle. WOW, what a difference. Thanks Ray!

But, I still have popping on the decel and it backfired once or twice. I think I will just bring it to you. I will let you know.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #4

Quote:
The throttle mod is the BOMB! Ray, I have to be honest - I did not know there was a lag until after I installed the new throttle. WOW, what a difference. Thanks Ray!

But, I still have popping on the decel and it backfired once or twice. I think I will just bring it to you. I will let you know.
THATS GREAT!! Glad to hear of the improvement, specially as you had not noticed the lag.
Glad you like!!

What type of FI tuner do you have. Your signature lists the Cobra power pro.

RACNRAY

Old 10-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #5

Quote:
THATS GREAT!! Glad to hear of the improvement, specially as you had not noticed the lag.
Glad you like!!

What type of FI tuner do you have. Your signature lists the Cobra power pro.

RACNRAY
Should have changed that.
I have the Powercommander V (Fuel and Ignition)
It was dyno tuned and the fella that did it stated that the ignition shuts off with a closed throttle but the fuel keeps pumping causing the popping. I think that is a crock - what’s your take?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Should have changed that.
I have the Powercommander V (Fuel and Ignition)
It was dyno tuned and the fella that did it stated that the ignition shuts off with a closed throttle but the fuel keeps pumping causing the popping. I think that is a crock - what’s your take?
NOPE...not true. Think of how much fuel our skoots would be dumping into the atmosphere in that scenario if that statement was true.

Addressing decel popping is not rocket science. If your skoot was dyno tuned then unless something that is wrong with the skoot was NOT rectified b4 the tuning process(intake and exhaust leaks,kleen air system not plugged up, bad plugs, etc.) then most if not all popping on decel can be accomplished during the tuning session.

Some skoots with the added on performance stuff can be a bit, oh shall I say "cantakerous" and require more time in addressing decel popping, but I have found IF the required time is spent going in the RIGHT direction gains in elliminating problems can be achieved.

RACNRAY

Old 10-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #7

Quote:
NOPE...not true. Think of how much fuel our skoots would be dumping into the atmosphere in that scenario if that statement was true.

Addressing decel popping is not rocket science. If your skoot was dyno tuned then unless something that is wrong with the skoot was NOT rectified b4 the tuning process(intake and exhaust leaks,kleen air system not plugged up, bad plugs, etc.) then most if not all popping on decel can be accomplished during the tuning session.

Some skoots with the added on performance stuff can be a bit, oh shall I say "cantakerous" and require more time in addressing decel popping, but I have found IF the required time is spent going in the RIGHT direction gains in elliminating problems can be achieved.

RACNRAY
I am not familiar with the "kleen air system not plugged up", can I coax you into filling me in?
Meanwhile, I will search the blog.