Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-16-2008, 09:50 PM   #1

A few more photos from Zion

Here's a few more photos from the run to Zion that I hadn't previously posted.

Despite the mediocre focus and low resolution (these shots were captured from the digital video) this first one actually turned out to be my favorite shot from the whole trip:

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #2

Hey! I like that first one too!! :)

Old 07-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #3

Is that 'cause of the tall white rock or the short brown Dago?

Old 07-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #4

what tall white rock??? j/k.....cuz of the short brown dago of course!

Old 07-16-2008, 10:36 PM   #5

Brings back memories of a good ride. Thanks for the post man.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-16-2008, 10:48 PM   #6

[quote author=caddmannq board=general thread=5343 post=96966 time=1216263004]Here's a few more photos from the run to Zion that I hadn't previously posted.

Really great pictures ... thanks for the memories :-)
Nita

Old 07-16-2008, 11:44 PM   #7

Thanks for sharing the pics. What pretty country! I hope to get there someday.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:47 PM   #8

Thanks for keeping the great memory alive Cadd! :)

Old 07-17-2008, 12:21 AM   #9

You guys are too nice. ;)

In that first shot, you notice how close the rock wall is to the road. On that curve, or one just like it, a bus came around the corner, and his bumper was a foot or two over the line. I was taking a fairly moderate line myself, but I actually cut a bit closer to that bus than I had to. I just throttle steered a little without actually moving the bars or changing my lean.

Judy has only been riding with me for 5 years and she really only has about 5000 miles as a pillion; but she is really getting the hang of this stuff because she knew that I'd done it on purpose, and she scolded me for it too! She thinks I'm a thrill-seeker and she's right, but that wasn't why I did it. I wasn't trying to intimidate any bus driver, that's for sure. She thought I was trying to scare her, and she was right. I wanted to see if Judy would stay with the bike the way I'd taught her, even in the face of danger, instead of shying away and throwing me off my chosen line.

The woman was a rock! I swear to God she didn't flinch me one milimeter off course. I've had passengers edge me into danger because of their own ignorance or fright, and Lord knows I've frightened Judy on purpose before, taking her up crazy back roads and shaky one-track bridges, and steep hairpins that drop out from under you on the inside track; but she has always done exactly what a passenger should do and I'm really proud of her.

I'm not sure if I've trained her so well or if it's just instinct, but maybe it's the Apache blood I keep teasing her about. They were probably some damn good riders, those Apache. ;)

Old 07-17-2008, 12:30 AM   #10

I'm not sure how I got this lucky.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
I'm not sure how I got this lucky.

Fast talk, bribery, and hypnosis??

Old 07-17-2008, 12:50 AM   #12

Some day I'll tell you the real story if you remind me when I'm drunk enough.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Some day I'll tell you the real story if you remind me when I'm drunk enough.

LOL

You are lucky to have each other.... you guys make the perfect couple!! :)

Old 07-17-2008, 01:18 AM   #14

Quote:
You guys are too nice. ;)

In that first shot, you notice how close the rock wall is to the road. On that curve, or one just like it, a bus came around the corner, and his bumper was a foot or two over the line. I was taking a fairly moderate line myself, but I actually cut a bit closer to that bus than I had to. I just throttle steered a little without actually moving the bars or changing my lean.

Judy has only been riding with me for 5 years and she really only has about 5000 miles as a pillion; but she is really getting the hang of this stuff because she knew that I'd done it on purpose, and she scolded me for it too! She thinks I'm a thrill-seeker and she's right, but that wasn't why I did it. I wasn't trying to intimidate any bus driver, that's for sure. She thought I was trying to scare her, and she was right. I wanted to see if Judy would stay with the bike the way I'd taught her, even in the face of danger, instead of shying away and throwing me off my chosen line.

The woman was a rock! I swear to God she didn't flinch me one milimeter off course. I've had passengers edge me into danger because of their own ignorance or fright, and Lord knows I've frightened Judy on purpose before, taking her up crazy back roads and shaky one-track bridges, and steep hairpins that drop out from under you on the inside track; but she has always done exactly what a passenger should do and I'm really proud of her.

I'm not sure if I've trained her so well or if it's just instinct, but maybe it's the Apache blood I keep teasing her about. They were probably some damn good riders, those Apache. ;)
This whole scenario concerns me Cadd.....

Are we going to be seeing:

"I got the Nomad airborne and rode head-on into an oncoming bus to see how Judy would react............?"

;) ;) ;)

Old 07-17-2008, 01:27 AM   #15

Send a message via Skype™ to aj

Awsome pics Cadd, weather doesnt look bad either. What temp?