Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2024, 12:49 PM   #1

Oil choice

Hey all,

I am getting ready for an oil change and wanted to see if anyone has used the Lucas Semi-Synthetic that is made for wet clutch bikes? I am not referring to the additives but rather the actual semi-synthetic motorcycle oil. I did use a Lucas additive a while back and didn't like how much clutch slippage that ended up happening.

In the past, I have used Mobile 1 20W-50 Full Synthetic with no issues other than burning a little oil between changes. I had been using the Quicksilver brand I used to get at Walmart but it seems to have disappeared. I never had issues with it but it kept getting harder to find hence why I changed over to Mobile 1.

Now Mobile 1 is getting a bit scarce and it's doubled in price. The Lucas is on sale for $9 a quart where Mobile 1 is $14 and my local O'Reilly only has 2 quarts.

I know this may ignite quite the debate so I am really just looking for anyone who has alreaady run the Lucas oil, not the additive.

Login or Register to Remove Ads