Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 11-10-2015, 08:55 AM   #1

EJK vs. TFI

Just curious as to what advantage does the EJK have over the TFI controller? I'm currently running a TFI and not real crazy about the performance or adjustability of it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-10-2015, 11:31 AM   #2
Advanced Member

I ran a TFI on my ol 01 nomad couldnt tell a difference than stock then it crapped out totally changed it out for a EJK module what a difference no popping what so ever and just seem be tuned. the TFI is older and has only 4 dash pots to tune with. EJK more user friendly

Old 11-10-2015, 04:36 PM   #3

I bought my 01 4 years ago and ran a PC3 . This spring it crapped out and I ordered a EJK. All I can tell you is that the EJK was the best decision I made. Lots of power and very easy to tune. If you call them for help they won't let you down. Their tech support is beyond awesome.
Yes , I had popping issues with the stock settings but after one call and some fine tuning the bike never ran this good since day 1.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:45 PM   #4

OMG! are you guys still hashing this shit over? There ought to be enough info on here to tear one of these bikes apart, make every mod possible and put it back together several times over. Good grief !!

Dave "(dshelly)" Shellenberger
2014 Harley Ultra Classic
2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
Various Bagger Member (Harley Chapter)
VBA # 2395

Old 11-10-2015, 06:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshelly View Post
OMG! are you guys still hashing this shit over? There ought to be enough info on here to tear one of these bikes apart, make every mod possible and put it back together several times over. Good grief !!
Nobody makes anybody read post or answer questions, if you don't like the question move on and leave these guys alone.

David (Framer) Marang
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
VBA#02245
VROC#35311

2013 Antlers 2014 Mountain View 2014 Antlers
2015 Eureka Springs 2015 Antlers 2016 Salem 2016 Antlers
2017 Eureka Springs 2017 Lake George 2017 Antlers
2018 Custer

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-10-2015, 06:13 PM   #6

By the way I've had all 3 and I get the best mpg with EJK

David (Framer) Marang
VBA#02245
VROC#35311

2018 Custer

Old 11-10-2015, 07:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Framer View Post
Nobody makes anybody read post or answer questions, if you don't like the question move on and leave these guys alone.
Yes sir, Mr Region Leader...

2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
VBA # 2395

Old 11-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #8

Somebody is having a bad day eh?

Old 11-11-2015, 07:33 PM   #9

Is this the one you all are referring to? http://www.electronicjetkit.com/Crui...number=9120276

Old 11-11-2015, 08:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Hey Dave...if this don't suit ya there's a hot discussion going on in the engines forum. I believe they're trying to decide what's the best oil to use.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.
Sometimes I miss the good ol' days but most times I'm just glad I survived them

Old 11-11-2015, 09:09 PM   #11

Right on ..... You would think that over the coarse of the seven years that this forum has existed and the multitude of different opinions on fuel processors (and other common questions) there would be enough information to make an intelligent decision on which one you want to try. Just wish that people would do a thorough search before bringing up a subject that has been beat to death.

OK, I'm done now...

2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
VBA # 2395

Old 11-11-2015, 11:23 PM   #12

If you don't like "common question" don't answer them. There are plenty of us who will. This forum was made so people could ask question and get answers and not be harassed over the choice of question. The search engine is NOT good at multiword searches.

David (Framer) Marang
VBA#02245
VROC#35311

2018 Custer

Old 11-12-2015, 07:51 AM   #13

Maybe someone should add a FAQ section? But of coarse everyone thinks their question is different.

2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
VBA # 2395

Old 11-12-2015, 08:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Right on ..... You would think that over the coarse of the seven years that this forum has existed and the multitude of different opinions on fuel processors (and other common questions) there would be enough information to make an intelligent decision on which one you want to try. Just wish that people would do a thorough search before bringing up a subject that has been beat to death.

OK, I'm done now...
For your information, I DID do a search on EJK vs TFI and had "0" entries with that title! Believe me I've read through a myriad of posts on many fuel processors but wanted input on a head to head comparison. If you had any useful information on my posts then that is welcomed! IF not then why the need to use foul lanquage and diparaging remarks?

It's reply's such as yours that turns people away both old and new. As a "Senior Member", wouldn't it have been better to maybe guide me or anyone else's post you deem repetitive to the correct topic and/or solution? I would think so!

Old 11-12-2015, 08:58 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobber View Post
For your information, I DID do a search on EJK vs TFI and had "0" entries with that title! Believe me I've read through a myriad of posts on many fuel processors but wanted input on a head to head comparison. If you had any useful information on my posts then that is welcomed! IF not then why the need to use foul lanquage and diparaging remarks?

It's reply's such as yours that turns people away both old and new. As a "Senior Member", wouldn't it have been better to maybe guide me or anyone else's post you deem repetitive to the correct topic and/or solution? I would think so!
Instead of asking guys here, why not go directly to the Dobeck website and do your comparison? Since both units are made by them, that would have been my first choice. Most guys here run one or the other, and have not run both. You could have gotten plenty of info here on both units separately. Then make you own decision from there.

As far as the disparaging remarks go, that seems to be the only way some guys here will remove their head from the other end and think before they ask repeat questions over and over and over on here. This is mine and many other members that have been here awhile's pet peve... Nothing personal, you just happened to be the unfortunate target at the time. So I apologize for that.

2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
VBA # 2395