Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-21-2011, 08:37 AM   #1

Install Aux. lights Vaquero

Work grave yard shift would like to instal the Aux. lights part#99994-0236 for more visual on the country roads.

If you already instal it on your Vaquero how easy or difficult it's. Do you have any advices on instruction or tips?

Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
Sr. Contributor

It appears that no one has done this yet. I guess you will have to be the first, if so please post about how it all goes together and Please include photos.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 10-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbui View Post
Work grave yard shift would like to instal the Aux. lights part#99994-0236 for more visual on the country roads.

If you already instal it on your Vaquero how easy or difficult it's. Do you have any advices on instruction or tips?

Thanks
If you are the first to do this as Loafer asked. Please do a write up with pics. Im sure that question will come up alot :) Also Check the Kawasaki Vulcan Riders forum and VROC forum there may be info there as well!
Also please fill in your profile, There may be someone here near you that can help!

Last edited by radco; 10-22-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #4

As the Valquero is recent not many of us are familiar with working on them. In general adding aux lights to a bike is not difficult. As you mention a part # I presume it would be a Kawa accessory and should come with instructions.
It may even be plug and play, but if not make sure the kit comes with a relay, or if not do install them using one. you can find more info on lights and relays on Gadgets page.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 10-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
Sr. Contributor

We can tell you How To wire it, but can't tell you what must come off, or wire code, other than the ground wires on your bike are very likey black with a yellow tracer. kawii has used black/yellow since the scales fell of dinosauers for ground.

Also there are no less than 3 different ways to wire passing lamps.

1 is with a relay that comes on with the marker lamps. (passing lamps on all the time.)
2 is with a relay that comes on with the low beam (ck state laws) some states do not allow passing lamps with hi beam.

3 passing lamps with no relay and wired on their own circuit, and can be wired so they may only be used when the ignition is on.

4 passing lamps with no relay and wired on their own circuit, and can be wired so they may be used any time, no matter if you even have the keys in your house, and the ignition is locked off.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
Mega-Contributor

I am pretty sure azcruzer has installed the lights on his Vaquero. He's probably too busy riding in this perfect riding weather to chime in.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 10-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #7

I wish I was out riding in this really nice weather....damn work gets in the way of all the fun! No, I haven't installed the driving lights in my Vaquero. I have watched the wrenches here at the shop install a couple sets so far. Kawasaki says you have to remove the fairing, but the guys here have figured out how to install without doing that. Apparently you can remove both locking compartments, and if your hands are small enough, remove the vents, and install the lights. As far as wiring, it's just a plug and play thing.
2011 Vaquero-sold