Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #1

Speedo acting like a tach,HELP

Coming home from work today and noticed as soon as I got on the freeway that the speedo was running at 110MPH. What!!?? Pulled in clutch to upshift and speedo dropped with RPMs. Pulled over,shut bike down recycled key and took off...same problem but then the bike started to backfire and cut out. Pulled over again as it was now becoming unsafe. Waited a couple of minutes and looked bike over for anything obvious. restarted bike and it seemed to run fine. got back on bike and as soon as I raised the kickstand, BOOM, speedo is acting like a tach again. Took off and bike ran fine the 20 miles home but problem with speedo still happening. As soon as I got in my neighborhood I shut the bike down while coasting down a hill recycled key with bike coasting in neutral, clutch pulled in speedo sitting at 0, as soon as i released the clutch up jumped the needle to 60 MPH.
I do have a Baron tach on the bike and it was functioning fine through all of this.
Ideas?? suggestions.....
Additional: Just up from garage, problem doesn't start until I raise the kickstand.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Kybenz; 08-24-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: More info