Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 08-10-2016, 11:38 AM   #1
Advanced Member

Talked to the service guy. He was hoping it would just be a simple code reset. It's not, so they have to do some more diagnostic checks.

Also in for the wiring harness recall. That part should be in today. Figured he might be better off putting the new harness on, the trying to find the problem. Not sure, but if it's something like a wiring short, problem may be solved right there.

So in the meantime, I'm still riding the old C90. Every day I keep riding it is another day of me saying I should just keep it.

Edit to say: Definitely keeping the Vaq for my main ride. Originally, some idiot told his wife he would sell the C90.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Scootergptx; 08-10-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootergptx View Post
Talked to the service guy. He was hoping it would just be a simple code reset. It's not, so they have to do some more diagnostic checks.

Also in for the wiring harness recall. That part should be in today. Figured he might be better off putting the new harness on, the trying to find the problem. Not sure, but if it's something like a wiring short, problem may be solved right there.

So in the meantime, I'm still riding the old C90. Every day I keep riding it is another day of me saying I should just keep it.

Edit to say: Definitely keeping the Vaq for my main ride. Originally, some idiot told his wife he would sell the C90.
I'd hunt said idiot down and give him a talking to.
The tech is probably right about replacing the recalled harness first. Obviously it was problematic in some fashion.
" That's just one less thing to worry about" Forrest Gump

"Ride hard or stay home" Joe Robinson aka Old Dog, R.I.P