Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-04-2010, 05:12 AM   #1

Anyone use a Kuryakyn Ultra Tour Bag?

Looking for a bag that will carry my stuff when traveling and double as back support when mounted on the back seat. The Kuryakyn Ultra Tour (model #4148) Bag seems big enough and may be the answer.

https://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/g...etail/IMID/696

Looked at the Lazy Rider and others, but they seem small for a weeks travel.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Ultra Tour or may have other suggestions. Got a favorite? Thanks..

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-04-2010, 06:24 AM   #2

So after posting this thread I read on and see that Grasshopper now has a backrest that can be used with my Mustang Seat. Yippee! I love my Mustang seat and his backrest may be the answer. Now luggage as a back rest is not an issue.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:35 AM   #3

I own 2 gran tour bags. Bought them for my solo cross country trip last yr. They work. If you want more info about them just PM me.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:48 AM   #4

I have this one:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/de...Duffel_Bag_Set

Couldn't be happier with it. Huge capacity when the expandable zipper section is open. But if you aren't carrying as much, it looks neat and tidy with expandable section zipped closed. Looks good on the bike if turned backward behind the backrest. Works great as a backrest if placed on the passenger seat, especially if you put the duffel bag of the front of the bag rather than the top. The straps let you attach it either way. Straps are well designed for quick on and off and it fits over the rather large passenger backrest on the Nomad.

I'm into the 4th season with mine. Three cross country trips plus assorted other extended trips. Still looks new.

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #5

I have had the same bag as Dank since 2006. I agree with his comments and for the price it is hard to beat. One thing I do find though is, because it is soft leather it needs to be full to hold it's shape and adjusting the straps takes a bit of time. Because of this I bought a smaller hard bag this year for the smaller trips or when solo, but I will still use the soft bag when I want to take half the house with me.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #6
Advanced Member

That Kuryakyn Ultra Tour looks to be a nice bag. Check out the following link, if you're considering that one, for sites that have better prices on it.

http://www.google.com/products?q=Kur...ls=org.mozilla

Don Denman "JD"
2001 Luminous Vintage Red carbed 1500 Nomad
VBA #376
VROC #6195