Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
Couldn't find any black mufflers huh
I have since on the left side pipe, just run it back on the left, as to have a pipe in each side. I bought a set of old harley mufflers with fishtails on the ends. The chrome was peeling off good, got them for $25 at the swap meet....had them sand blasted, heated them up and sprayed with VHT black.
Just put them on....they are extremely obnoxious, sound wise....when I jump off the throttle, theres a really loud Bbbbblllla Bbbbblllla Bbbbbllllaaaaa as the engine winds down....
Sounds like a big block chevy with straight open headers.....they know I'm there....
Folks heard me going thru Olympia/Tacoma....they get the hell off the cell phones....
Burned the regulators up on the Nomad, cheap caltric crap....wires were about 18 or 20 ga. chinese ripoff junk....so I'm on the BUBF for this next week....maybe 2 until I get parts in.

Just started her up in the shop, damn shes loud, rev it a little, the tin on the roof starts to rattle....Puts a grin on my face! Safety first!

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Last edited by DragonLady58; 08-18-2018 at 04:48 PM.