Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 03-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #1

Hypercharger Noise

Just had a hypercharger installed on my 05 and it makes a squealing sound when I get on it hard. After I let off it sounds normal. Talked to the technician who installed it and he said that was the way it operated but he was looking for a dampener for the vacum line to possibly eliminate it. To me it sounds as if something is loose and is rubbing but have checked everything I can and he said he did.

Any suggestions??

Tnks
Persuit to Mons
VBA#00566
05 Black over Silver Nomad/19 Voyager

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-16-2008, 02:03 PM   #2

Hypercharger Noise

Sorry, can't help ya as I've never heard such a sound with my Kuryakn?????

Old 03-16-2008, 10:33 PM   #3

Hypercharger Noise

I have a hypercharger on my 05 and do not notice any noise. Do you have the extra vacuum hoses on the tank that goes to a charcoal canister on the left side? Did you take the cross over tube off? If you have the extra vacuum hoses and the cross over tube is still in place, then you have an open hose that feeds into the cross over tube. You will need to reroute that tube to the other top port on the hypercharger. That may be the noise problem. At least that is how my bike is and what I had to do.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:04 PM   #4

Hypercharger Noise

Tnks naugaman;

Checked the hoses and they are good, Kuryakyn suggested taking off the top cap and lubing the axel. Tried it and still squeaks a bit opening the butterflies manually but will give it a run when the rain quits.

Doc
Persuit to Mons
VBA#00566

Old 03-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #5
Advanced Member

Hypercharger Noise

I HAVE HAD MINE FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW 2006 1600. I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH MINE. I FINNALLY UNHOOKED ALL THE VACCUMME TO MINE AND EPOXYED THE DOORS 3/4 THE WAY OPEN. IT KINDA SUCKS NOT HAVING THE DOORS OPEN AND CLOSE. BUT IT IS ALOT NICER NOT HAVING ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT I DID TO. I WAS ALSO WONDERING DOES YOUR AIR FILTER FIT RIGHT? OR IS IT TO TALL? MINE IS TO TALL SO IT KINDA SMASHES IT DOWN. THEY TOLD ME THEY DIDNT HAVE A K&N FILTER THAT FIT RIGHT. OH WELL FOR THE FEW PROBLEMS THAT I DID HAVE I WOULD STILL PUT IT ON AGAIN. ITS JUST THAT COOL.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #6

Hypercharger Noise

My filter fits fine and is the standard one issued. I see you are running a Pro-Series, both replacement filters (R and P Series seem to be 9493). I put in the standard Hypercharger thinking I might put on the streamliner or maybe the stinger Trap Door this summer.
What problems did you have on yours? K advised me to put a rebuild kit and that would replace the defective Butterflies and axel for about $20. ??? ??? Politely declined and had a replacement charger ordered. It should be in this week.
Persuit to Mons
VBA#00566