Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #1
VBA Founder

Exclamation Mark ...KawaNOW will become Vulcan Bagger Association (VBA)...

That's not so much a surprise, is it? With the addition of the Vaquero and the Voyager to our supported lineup, the name KawaNOW - Kawasaki Nomad Owners Worldwide just didn't include the others very well... so, a name change had to be made.

For the last several days, the staff, regional staff and myself have been voting on what name to change to. Voting on a list of about 10 names, the winner with the most votes was... Vulcan Bagger Association or VBA.

So, over the next week, I'll be making all of the necessary changes... creating a logo, making changes to the website, changes to the forum and change notification to Kawasaki Corp... as well as changes everywhere else.

I see this as a positive. I feel that without change, we would basically go nowhere. Change is hard to accept sometimes, but I would hope that all members no matter where you're located on the globe, would take this change and run with it.

Join me in a historical moment. On June 7, 2007, KawaNOW was born. On November 16, 2011, KawaNOW was transformed into the Vulcan Bagger Association - VBA!!

Keep in mind that even though the name KawaNOW is essentially going away, KawaNOW as a group... is not and will not go away!

I appreciate every one of you... I thank you for being a part of this great organization and I look forward to the change and future growth of the VBA.

I realize that many will have questions, so feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Trip

PS. I will be implementing a new slogan contest for our new name in the coming weeks. The winner will get a nice prize. Stick around and be a part.

Here's a FAQ that might answer some questions for you:

1. What do I do with my KawaNOW t-shirts, patches and other gear and apparel?
Keep it.... use it.... wear it... and enjoy it. You're still recognized as a member. KawaNOW stuff might become a collector's item some day.

2. Will the website address change?
Yes, the new website will be located at vulcanbagger.org. For search engine optimization's sake, kawanow.org will automatically route to the new address.

3. Will there be a new logo?
Yes, I'm creating it now. I will post it in a couple of days.

4. Will the Regional logo's change?
Sorry to say, but yes, they will. I realize that many of you have had patches, cards and banners made with the KawaNOW logo. The way I look at it, we can still use everything, but just ease into the new Regional logo's in due time.

5. What about apparel and gear with the new name and logo?
That's coming. I need time to get everything arranged.

6. Will you be offering new certificates?
Yes, give me a few days and I'll give everyone the opportunity to get a new membership certificate. Only draw back is, I need anyone that wants one to email me and request it. I don't have everyone's email that has already requested. So, give me a few days and I'll announce the new certs.

7. Why did you name it Vulcan Bagger Association - VBA? Why not something else?
Last Thursday, I notified the Staff and Regional Staff that our name needed to be changed. I suggested we change it to something like VBOW, Vulcan Bagger Owners Worldwide, but after looking at that name, I decided it would be best to get the Staff and Regional Staff to vote on the name. 10 entries were considered and voted on. VBA won the votes. When you take a look at the names that other affiliate clubs use, VBA makes good sense and it describes who we are and incorporates all bagger owner and operators.

8. Why the name change in the first place?
KawaNOW was created for Nomad Owners. The name Kawasaki Nomad Owners Worldwide is what it is.... for Nomads. Last year, Kawasaki Corp. asked me to include the Vaquero in our supported lineup. It was also decided at that point that we would include the Voyager, since the new Nomads, Vaqueros and Voyagers are all 1700's with bascially the same frame, just different accessories. So, with that, our name needed to be changed to include the Vaqueros and Voyagers... Hence VBA.

9. Does this mean we'll include the Kawasaki Vulcan Classic LT's into our group?
Not sure... the Staff and I need to discuss that. As you may know, Kawasaki makes a Vulcan Classic LT that comes with soft bags from the factory. We may just keep VBA for hard baggers. I'll keep you posted on that one.

10. Will the VBA charge a membership fee?
No. As you know, I have always advocated a free membership. Like KawaNOW, membership into the VBA will be free. I still accept any donations from the website and I will still hold a donation drive in February to help pay for various expenses and items for the association, mainly a new banner, website costs and other expenses. As long as the donations given from the website can pay for most of the expenses, membership will be free.

11. Will I need to apply for a new membership number?
Nope... your current number will be converted over to the VBA.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by trip; 11-16-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:20 AM   #2

SO...that means the field will be wide open to create a web site dedicated to Nomad Owners and Enthusiasts? I hear that concept can be very successful!

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #3

A very good direction to go :) Thanks for the courage to Change :)

Old 11-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #4

Now you change it after BD had KawaNOW tattooed on his back.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #5

KawaNOW sounds snappy, VBA is easier to spell. OK I'll go with it. I'm here due to the folks that participate, not the name of the forum.

2006 Vulcan 1600 Classic "George III" (Patricia's)
2006 Vulcan 1600 Nomad "Grace" (Mark's)
Mark Clark
VBA #1619
TaibhseDaid@Gmail.Com
"Irish" @ Maricopa County Chapter of B.A.C.A.
Phoenix, AZ

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-16-2011, 09:05 AM   #6

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed, but I completely understand the need, and support the Re-Brand.

Now we all need new Shirts, Hats, Mugs, Do-rags, Patches . . . too bad there isn't any royalty money to be made! ;)

Old 11-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #7

I submitted the New Definition to AcronymFinder.com

It has to go through an approval process, but hopefully VBA will have a new meaning for the whole world now! haha

Old 11-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #8
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
For once I don't have the words???

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 11-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #9
Top Contributor

AWESOME!! Great plan to get the "lesser" Vulcans involved! :) (I kid. Mostly.) j/k
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 11-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #10
VBA Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestephens View Post
I submitted the New Definition to AcronymFinder.com

It has to go through an approval process, but hopefully VBA will have a new meaning for the whole world now! haha
I tried to register the domain name of VBA.COM and VBA.ORG... they're not available. They belong to a web service and the Virginia Bar Association. Oh well... we move on.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Last edited by trip; 11-16-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #11
VBA Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
AWESOME!! Great plan to get the "lesser" Vulcans involved! :) (I kid. Mostly.) j/k
We'll also need to consider inviting the LT's. These are Vulcan Classics that have soft bags installed from the factory.
Trip's Website

Old 11-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #12
VBA Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
For once I don't have the words???

The second historical happening today!!!
Trip's Website

Old 11-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #13
Top Contributor

So KawaNOW isn't going to be VBA? I'm confused (but that's easy to do).
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2014 Nomad - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 11-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #14
Top Contributor

What about VORA (Vulcan Owners & Riders Association)? vora.com, .net or .org didn't come up on Google. I didn't bother doing a "real" search as nobody asked me for my opinion.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2014 Nomad - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 11-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #15
VBA Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
So KawaNOW isn't going to be VBA? I'm confused (but that's easy to do).

Yes, KawaNOW is transforming into the VBA. So therefore, it is becoming the VBA.
Trip's Website