Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-08-2016, 03:39 AM   #1

How much further would I have to go to get the engine out of the frame from where I'm at now? Does seem like much more unless there's something I'm not aware of. Can you pull the frame up and off the engine with the engine still sat on the jack?

Looks like you got the jack on the frame,so unless you move it to the engine,you cant get the frame off.The right floorboard needs to come off,along with the crashbar.There are 4 Allen bolts on the right side of the frame,2 halfway up,2 underneath,you need to take them out,and remove the engine mounting bolts.You can then pull that section out,and lift the frame up and back off the engine.I would'nt do that alone,the engine is going to be pretty unstable on the jack.You might be better to make a wooden block to sit the engine on the floor,it wont have so far to fall.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
carburetor, new member, swingarm