Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 10-27-2015, 12:56 PM   #1

Mixture screw

Anyone thinking of fitting the long knurled mixture screw to their carb,and have been told that the Harley screw will fit,well it does,but the spring and washer's dont,they are too wide,use the old one's.Also if you think that you can adjust the mixture without burning your hand on the pipe,you cant.The head is too wide and rub's against the plastic Y piece,making it difficult to turn,if it was 1 inch longer that problem would not occur,and you would'nt burn your hand either.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by mick56; 04-17-2016 at 09:27 AM.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:32 PM   #2

Cutting the head off might give you enough room to put a piece of rubber tubing on it. Mine has a slot in it for a screw driver, but still can't get to it. But, after trial and error, finally got it adjust where I like it. Good luck.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie R. View Post
Try slipping a short piece of rubber tubing over the knurl knob. I've seen this trick done years ago, but haven't tried it in a long time. I guess I got lucky when I put mine on as I didn't have to adjust it but twice...trail and error method!
Hello Rubber Eddy,we had this dance before mate. i am thinking of cutting the head off,drilling and tapping a thread into both part's and putting a 1 inch+ bolt between them.It just is'nt long enough to do what the maker's claim as it is.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:37 PM   #4

And man what a dance! Who led by the way! Just look at mine...it up near the area you show in your pics, but, it only took me three time to get it where I like it to run. I like your idea a whole lot. What if you mated a spring to the end where you could bend it...sorta like a spring extension on a socket drive to make the adjustments?

Old 10-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie R. View Post
And man what a dance! Who led by the way! Just look at mine...it up near the area you show in your pics, but, it only took me three time to get it where I like it to run. I like your idea a whole lot. What if you mated a spring to the end where you could bend it...sorta like a spring extension on a socket drive to make the adjustments?
I reckon that could work,maybe drill a hole and ram a bit of old speedo cable into the end. I will sort something out, i aint about to put up with the burn's i got the last time i tried adjusting it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads