Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #1

EBC's reply

I know the original brake pad thread got moved to the garage but i would like for this to stay here. I would like as many people as possible to see what EBC had to say. Maybe this wll save someone else the problem i had. I know the original thread may have got off base but i only wanted to relay what i had happen to me. Thanks Jeff

EDIT: I forgot to include my reply to them.
Garry that sounds great. That is more than i expected. I feel that my dealer ,JMP in woodriver il., is probably doing you a disservice by selling these when they are not recommended. I bought the HH's at a different dealer so i'm keeping an eye on them. Again thank you for standing behind you're product. Thanks Jeff

Jeff, Unfortunately, YES, 3,000 i miles on rear EBC organic pad's is about right. EBC recommends our HH compound pad's, as your bike comes with sintered HH pad's OEM Shoot me your UPS Shipping Address and, as an EBC Brakes Good Will Gesture, I will UPS you on set of the EBC US Made, Double H FA231HH rear pad's for you bike. How does that sound to you ?!? Garry Gallagher
EBC Brakes US Tech & Racing
20314 131 CT NE
Woodinville, WA. 98072
Phone (425) 485-7610
Fax (425) 486-3001
www.ebcbrakes.com

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 18:33:51 +0100
To: <studio@ebcbrakes.com>
Subject: Contact EBC Brakes

The Contact Us form was filled in on www.ebcbrakes.com:

Subject: motorcycle brakes
Name: jeff moore
Email Address: c10jm@yahoo.com
i have an 06 kawasaki nomad my dealer only had ebc 's in stock . these are
the rear brakes they only lasted 2 months probably less than 3000 miles. my
dealer said that is not unusual depending on riding style. these are not the
hh pads. does this sound like normal life to you ? should they be
recommending the non hh pads ? i have to buy another pair because we are
leaving on a trip saturday. i hate to buy non hh but i have no choice.

thank you jeff

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-19-2008, 04:46 PM   #2

EBC's reply

Jeff,
I had that happen to me with the organic pads, only in my case those pads didn't stop the bike. I was over at a parking lot where they do the MC testing. There is one test, where you have to accellerate and then have to stop again. When I did that just screwing around I went right of the area you needed to stop in. The pads never locked the rear tire at all.
Having said that, the dealer wouldn't honor the pads backs, as I had them on the bike.
Called EBC and they sent me all three sets ( frt& rear) for my scooter in the HH sintered metal.
I guess from now on I will have to question to make sure I get the right parts.
2010 Voyager (Blue/Silver)sold
2001 Nomad (gone, but not forgotten)

www.chucksterscustoms.com

Old 08-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #3

EBC's reply

They seem to stand up for their product even when it isn't their fault. I really wonder if some dealers do this for a certain reason ? ::) I guess that is one way to get more sales. Only problem is, this is their last sale to me, unless there is absolutely no other choice. When you get a product that failed that bad & everyone says hey thats the best you can expect, then you don't want to buy from them again. Except in this case it is not the manufacturer's fault.
This is what he sent me ragarding the dealers.

Jeff. I wish EBC Brakes and our Customer's could count on dealers having the correct information on our EBC Brakes and all other product line's, but as you have seen, that is just not the case, some times... Thank YOU for being a great EBC Brakes Customer !!

Old 08-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #4

EBC's reply

That was really good of them to do that. Too bad V&H doesn't have that kind of customer service.
I have the EBC HH pads on my rear brakes, they make a buzzing noise when applied that has never gone away. Let us know if your pads are quite or noisey.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 08-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #5

EBC's reply

My pads are also noisey, but not too bad

Login or Register to Remove Ads