Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-15-2015, 09:19 PM   #1

Vaquero Lowering Link Kit

Jared asked that I add this to the forum in case others were interested.

LuverneKaw started a link last year about a lowering link kit for the Vaquero. Just letting people know that they work well and give the bike a little better stance. Doesn't seem to interfere with cornering, at least not me. Others may ride more aggressive than I do LOL. They send easy to follow instructions and everything needed for install. Lowers the bike about an inch in the rear allowing you to keep your stock air shocks. Was only able to take it for a short 10 mile run down the road, but very pleased with the outcome. Sorry, I forgot to take before pictures. I remembered about the time I was putting the bags back on. LOL
VBA #01416
2012 Vaquero SE Candy-Lime Green/Black
aka "T'Kehla"
2005 Nomad 1600 Black/Silver
aka "Mystique" (SOLD)
2006 Vulcan Classic
aka "Lil'Wolf" (SOLD)

"Life isn't a race; no one gets out alive. May as well slow down and enjoy the ride."

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by talon; 02-15-2015 at 09:22 PM.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #2

Thanks for the update.. Hope you enjoy them

Old 02-16-2015, 11:11 AM   #3

Hey Ttrust32, yeah it took me a little longer to get around to installing them than I planned. But, hey they weren't going any where and I wanted to take my time. If I had known just how easy the install would be, I would have done it sooner. LOL

I also forgot to take pictures of the bike before the install. (I have a lot of pictures that I can compare it to later.) LOL. But the real difference is how it feels when I get on the bike; much better. Hard to believe something so simple helps that much, but it gives me a little more bend in the knee when at a stop; which makes it feel more stable. You still enjoying yours since you are the one that started it and have you compared your links to the final style that Luverne is doing? Rick said they didn't change them much.
VBA #01416
aka "T'Kehla"
aka "Mystique" (SOLD)
2006 Vulcan Classic
aka "Lil'Wolf" (SOLD)

"Life isn't a race; no one gets out alive. May as well slow down and enjoy the ride."

Old 02-16-2015, 12:58 PM   #4

Im glad they were easy to install, because the orig ones I made are not easy. I have compaired what they made and they are very simular. The ones I made may lower the rear a little more but not much. Best thing is they are prob alot safer then mine. I still like mine but as previously stated I lowered the front also and added the 21in wheel. Bike still ride as nice as the day I bought it. I just was over to visit Rick and had them add the PCV. To bad it is so cold here that I cant ride but seams like the bike runs better.

Last edited by Trrust32; 02-16-2015 at 02:24 PM.

Old 02-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #5

Like I said, I wish that I had measured before so I could really compare and let others know for sure. They say that it only lowers the rear about an inch, but it feels like a LITTLE more. All I can say is I like it.
VBA #01416
aka "T'Kehla"
aka "Mystique" (SOLD)
2006 Vulcan Classic
aka "Lil'Wolf" (SOLD)

Login or Register to Remove Ads