Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #16
Sr. Contributor

Sheepskin Baaahhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadbehappy
I bought a black one from Costco 2 years ago for $19. it was large enough that I was able to cut it in two and give half to a friend for his bike. It doesn't have any straps to mount it, but I only use it for long trips and simply sewed a couple of pieces of an elastic material and a hook.

Brian
A real sheep hide for 19 bucks??? Or some man made car wash mitt that looks like sheep hide?

I have several and ride or not with no straps. Why would it need a strap if I am sitting on it?

Well, once it was held down on another bike, my Liberty bike, and went up the sissy bar back reast and down to the saddle all one piece.

Another is just tossed on at a whim. I take them off after every ride to air and roll them up fur side in in rain to put away or tie on the rack. Drying these takes a long time, but the ride is well worth it.

No one likes steamed clam or toasted nuts much..

Used to be several place to get Icelandic sheep hides in NH, but they seem to be gone. Wool is going too. it's real hard to find anything in real wool anymore and when you do the price is just nuts.

This is so bad i can't even find a button down dress shirt any more, and so use army navy store blankets and make my own.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads