Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2019, 01:45 PM   #1

2019 Western Canada Summer Ride?

I see that guys are posting in the old 2018 thread and asking about a 2019 ride already. Well, let's get the conversation going!

First off, are any of you headed to the VBA National Rally in Onalaska, Wisconsin the week of June 17th? According to Google Maps that's about a 21 hour ride from Calgary, so a 3 to 4 days ride, depending on the route and how hard one wants to push it.

For something here in the west, there are no doubt lots of options. One possibility would be to do a repeat of the Salmon Arm - Nakusp - Creston ride that we did a few years back. That seemed to go over well (the only complaint was the restaurant service at the lakeside hotel in Nakusp!) and would be relatively easy to set up. Maybe reverse the route and start in Creston and end in Salmon Arm.

What other ideas or suggestions might you guys have? I think at the Chewelah rally someone (Colonel, maybe??) had suggested the Sea To Sky highway up to Whistler and Pemberton as a possibility.

Let's hear some ideas as well as who wants to invest time to help make this happen.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Login or Register to Remove Ads