Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-26-2008, 06:56 AM   #1
VBA Founder

.....KawaNOW and the VROC......

No doubt, some of you have read the thread started on the VROC list. It appears that there are a few that are rather negative about KawaNOW.

It amazes me why some would be negative about something when they really don't know anything about it and its' purpose. All the groups and listservs out there related to the Kawasaki line of products fill a need and provide information and comradery. While KawaNOW caters to the Nomad line only, the other groups like the VROC serve a much broader base of product, the Vulcan line.

All the groups out there have a purpose....we all fill a need. The VROC is a good organization. I'm a member and have been for years. And, I don't judge the VROC as a group just because there are a few bad apples in the barrel.

Some of our KawaNOW members that frequent the VROC list have defended KawaNOW.....Ells, Cadmannq and audiogooroo and I appreciate that.

If a person comes to KawaNOW, checks it out and finds that it's not their cup of tea, that's fine. Noone is forcing others to be a member. But to diss KawaNOW on another board because they don't know or understand KawaNOW's purpose, is a damn shame.

This is not the first time KawaNOW's been kicked around and probably won't be the last. As far as I'm concerned, other list servs and groups out there are NOT the enemy. We should be striving to work together and provide as much information as possible.

Trip
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-26-2008, 07:51 AM   #2
Advanced Member

Yea, I read it and it pissed me off. I am a member over there too, but there is no quality info. It seems like mostly dribble. This is a quality forum, with quality info and members. Either they don't ride Nomads, or they don't really ride bikes. I'm not sorry I joined over there, but when I'm looking for answers, Kawanow is where I come.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
Top Contributor

the other side sux

Old 05-26-2008, 08:06 AM   #4

It is a shame when people don't have any thing better to do than talk about other people or other forums. I am a member of Vorc and was happy when I found KawaNOW and am still happy to be here. I thought it was about riding and not what forum you belong to or what bike you ride. Just my 2 cents worth

Old 05-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #5

I'm a stay at home kinda guy ::) so all that outside crap is just that "Outside"

Just remember, everyone has to have a place to play. ::)
EVEN,....... "The Disenfranchised" :-*

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #6

I have never even been to the VROC website. Have enough fun and entertainment here.
Going to have to go there now and possibly join so I can post over there
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 05-26-2008, 08:59 AM   #7

My 2 cents, I join VROC when I was looking at the Nomad. Got some good info,,,,,a few things there turned me off.YOU post a intro and you get 2 or 3 Welcomes. Maybe,,,,here pop in to ask a QUESTION and you GET Tons of WELCOMes and a answer. THE REAL TURN off was whe a FEW on VROC(not the VROC GROUP) TRASHED the day light out of a Noob for posting a sig pic,,, (I think he a KawNow member now) The few racked him through the coals,, Guess a few sh*t stirers start alot of crap....some people love to stir up the sh*t. had a few in the Sabre forums as well.Guess some people need to get a life.. I am EXTREAMLY HAPPY to be a MEMBER here....Love the wise ass comments that thrown out in fun, LOVE the info...... HOPEFULLY I will get to MEET some of you one Day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THANKS TRIP for a GREAT SITE!!!!! Rich
Trip I hope you dont mind my reply I made on the VROC forum

Old 05-26-2008, 09:10 AM   #8

As someone stated in the VROC post about us "I don't ask people what forum they belong to when I wave as I pass them" Its too bad that some people would misinderstand us. As a staff member I guess I would fall into the category of "Higher-ups" as someone put it. I don't view myself as a higherup....I've only been riding for a few years so I'm basically a newbie. I appreciate the comeraderie of this site, the colorful nature, and I've never seen a question go unanswered no matter how technical. Ride on.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman
As someone stated in the VROC post about us "I don't ask people what forum they belong to when I wave as I pass them" Its too bad that some people would misinderstand us. As a staff member I guess I would fall into the category of "Higher-ups" as someone put it. I don't view myself as a higherup....I've only been riding for a few years so I'm basically a newbie. I appreciate the comeraderie of this site, the colorful nature, and I've never seen a question go unanswered no matter how technical. Ride on.
Wolf,, Funny how a few sh*t stirers start alot of crap. BIG deal we have Mods here, HOW often do you need the Gavel????Damn Nice and BD are still here LOL........ I say KawaNOW is FINE as it is... GREAT/FRIENDLY People, GREAT info and Riders who will help other riders ,even if they are a Moderator we will help them as well::) Ride Safe,,,,Rich

Old 05-26-2008, 09:20 AM   #10
VBA Founder

You bring up a good point Wolfman about "higher ups". Just because KawaNOW sports some officers or staff members, doesn't mean we think we're "higher ups". On the contrary, as an officer and staff member of KawaNOW, we are here to help and serve the KawaNOW member. That's the whole reason why the staff was created.

Others can think what they want, but where else can a member get the answer to a question concerning their Nomad, accessories, the value of that Nomad, when and where to travel in the US, what the proper riding etiquette is and anything else they want to know about their Nomads.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 05-26-2008, 09:22 AM   #11

OK, checked out VROC.
Don't think it is for me either. As I said get enough entertainment and information here.
Sure I have to put up with the "Higher Ups" But a small price to pay for being here.
Once again, I have said it before, THANK YOU Trip for your foresight in creating the best motorcycle forum on the net.

VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 05-26-2008, 09:26 AM   #12

One thing that we don't have, that some other sites have, is professional Self-richeous indignation posters. I hope they don't ever show up on this board.

Other than all Nomads, all the time, the second best feature is the lack of members who feel the need to jump in with self-richeous indignation at anything that isn't the "right" way.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
You bring up a good point Wolfman about "higher ups". Just because KawaNOW sports some officers or staff members, doesn't mean we think we're "higher ups". On the contrary, as an officer and staff member of KawaNOW, we are here to help and serve the KawaNOW member. That's the whole reason why the staff was created.

Others can think what they want, but where else can a member get the answer to a question concerning their Nomad, accessories, the value of that Nomad, when and where to travel in the US, what the proper riding etiquette is and anything else they want to know about their Nomads.
Trip. Most of the sites I go to have Mods.. and those who dont like rules sound like a Kid who says if I cannt have it my way Ill hold my breath til I turn Blue ::) The world has tons of moderators,and most who dont like rules are in jail LOL.........

Old 05-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #14

To each their own.....

Long live KawaNOW!!

But I am pulling my VRoC membership # off my sig line. ;)

Old 05-26-2008, 09:46 AM   #15

The moderators allow people to have an oppinion. I've never had to delete someones post and the only time I would is if it were abusive

One nice feature that proboards has is the ability to link to other threads. When a new member asks a question thats already been asked we don't say "go look at the old posts" We can even provide a link if we want to help them get their question answered even quicker.