Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #1

Spotlights on 07 Nomad

OK, so I got some factory Kawi spotlights, with the hollow mounting bolt and nut.
I have a 07 Nomad. I am hoping to just find some kind of mount to use with the factory lightbar on the bike now.
I thought that Kirk's mod would work over on Gadget's site, however, it appears to be for older Nomads, since I do not have the same type of ends on the lightbar. What I mean is that it is just a tube, and continues to be a tube near the turn signals, no rubber, no flat area.
See here for reference: Kirks No Lightbar Solution
I WAS going to buy the valueaccessories one with the little arm that goes to the windsheild mounts, but i already have the lights now... so i really just want some kind of chrome/polished aluminum bracket to mount the factory spotlights.
Surely somebody has come up with something, or somebody makes something close...
Thanks for your help!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #2

Spotlights on 07 Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyre
OK, so I got some factory Kawi spotlights, with the hollow mounting bolt and nut.
I have a 07 Nomad. I am hoping to just find some kind of mount to use with the factory lightbar on the bike now.
I thought that Kirk's mod would work over on Gadget's site, however, it appears to be for older Nomads, since I do not have the same type of ends on the lightbar. What I mean is that it is just a tube, and continues to be a tube near the turn signals, no rubber, no flat area.
See here for reference: Kirks No Lightbar Solution
I WAS going to buy the valueaccessories one with the little arm that goes to the windsheild mounts, but i already have the lights now... so i really just want some kind of chrome/polished aluminum bracket to mount the factory spotlights.
Surely somebody has come up with something, or somebody makes something close...
Thanks for your help!
Cactusjack did something like that. You might check with him.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #3

Spotlights on 07 Nomad

I installed my driving lights low on the crashbars, works really
well, lights up the road starting at the wheel and going forward. the right light I have turn alittle to put more light toward the side of the road to better see critters (lot of deer).
Let us know what you come up with,

Old 07-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #4

Spotlights on 07 Nomad

You lost me somewhere in the paragraph about what you are actually trying to do. I bought the cobra custom fit light bar for my 2007. It easily mounted without any problems and only took about 20 minutes.

Cobra has excellent equipment and most of their accessories are custom fit to the make, model, and year of the motorcycle. Cobra's stuff cost less and are better quality than Kawasaki OEM stuff. For anyone that is interested...J.C. Whitney now carries Cobra products.

I give my wife wife my Nomad wish list and the location for purchase and get my accessories from the family as presents throughout the year. (I got my luggage rack, highway pegs, light bar, Zumo 550 gps, Vista Cruise, and chaps all as presents) I personally bought the Scala Rider Team Set from J.C. Whitney and I give it a two thumbs up endorsement for rider/passenger conversation and single rider gps, mp3 and cell phone communications.

My most recent purchase was the Stebel chrome horn. I bought it after seeing Coacha's at the Eastern Rally. I did have to make my own custom fit bracket. This horn has become my FAVORITE OEM modification. It really gives the Nomad character.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:20 AM   #5

Spotlights on 07 Nomad

Would you be interested in selling the loose spots so you can buy a complete light set? I would consider buying them from you. Are they a sealed beam or h3 bulb?
If so, contact me here or email me at hotrod@springnet1.com

Bill

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #6

Spotlights on 07 Nomad

hello.............. :)

bump