Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 11-05-2016, 11:22 AM   #1

Review of Scootworks, Zebulon, NC

I bought some risers from Scootworks and here is my opinion of the product and the company.

The quality of the product is fair at best therefore it is too expensive for what you get.

The customer service is deplorable. Do not even think of emailing them and ask where your order is or you will get this:
“This isn't a desk job, it's a fab shop. I certainly don't have time to email everyone and tell them this part is in polishing, that part is being welded, we're machining this or that, it's all immaterial. Else, I would spend a bunch of wasted time sitting in front of the keyboard.”

I was curious and did a bit of online research and found out there are myriads of complains against them.
Do you homework and read forum posts about Scootworks BEFORE you place an order.

The Better Business Bureau alone has 50 recorded complaints and rates them and “F”......Yes “F” as in failure!
You know that 50 recorded complains at the BBB means hundreds of dissatisfied customers that never write a review.

I will never again buy from this company as I do not believe my money should support such poor run business.

If you have bought from that company and are utterly delighted with them, good for you! However, remember that you can put your hand in the snake pit safely only so many times before he eventually bites you.

I will offer you an alternative: Do business with Chucksters Customs instead. I have spoken with Joe before. He is an extremely helpful person and a customer-pleasing businessman. And, his product are of superior quality.

Disclaimer: I am just a customer and not associated with either companies.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by philippe721; 11-05-2016 at 02:04 PM.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:06 PM   #2

cannot speak of scootworks myself as i have never dealt with them but will for sure agree with you that joe at chucksters has been a very helpful guy in the several products i have purchased from him..nice to be able to personally talk to someone like that before a purchase decision is made.. 10 stars for chucksters

1970 3hp mini bike
1971 Honda CB 350
1978 Honda CX 500
1994 Honda CRF 230
2013 Kaw Nomad 1700

Old 11-06-2016, 01:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by philippe721 View Post

I bought some risers from Scootworks and here is my opinion of the product and the company.

The quality of the product is fair at best therefore it is too expensive for what you get.

The customer service is deplorable. Do not even think of emailing them and ask where your order is or you will get this:
“This isn't a desk job, it's a fab shop. I certainly don't have time to email everyone and tell them this part is in polishing, that part is being welded, we're machining this or that, it's all immaterial. Else, I would spend a bunch of wasted time sitting in front of the keyboard.”

I was curious and did a bit of online research and found out there are myriads of complains against them.
Do you homework and read forum posts about Scootworks BEFORE you place an order.

The Better Business Bureau alone has 50 recorded complaints and rates them and “F”......Yes “F” as in failure!
You know that 50 recorded complains at the BBB means hundreds of dissatisfied customers that never write a review.

I will never again buy from this company as I do not believe my money should support such poor run business.

If you have bought from that company and are utterly delighted with them, good for you! However, remember that you can put your hand in the snake pit safely only so many times before he eventually bites you.

I will offer you an alternative: Do business with Chucksters Customs instead. I have spoken with Joe before. He is an extremely helpful person and a customer-pleasing businessman. And, his product are of superior quality.

Disclaimer: I am just a customer and not associated with either companies.
pretty much sums up what I've heard about Scootworks for the last 10-15 years from that other Vulcan riders club........

Old 11-06-2016, 06:52 AM   #4

Greetings,

philippe721, I am one of the fortunate ones. While I ended up a satisfied customer, the experience was not without it's hiccups. Would second the word of caution regarding speed and communication when dealing with ScootWorks.

Would also echo the praise of Joe at Chuckster's. I ordered the Vaq hitch from Joe and asked for a mounting plate to be attached for the wiring harness. Joe went out of his way to get it right and quickly. Excellent communication from Joe. Excellent customer service.

Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115