Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 04-17-2024, 03:51 PM   #1

Moore Mafia ECU Flash

Is anyone familiar with this and how it compares to Ivan's? I'm looking at a 2013 Voyager with this flash, but a search here came up with nothing.

Just curious whether that means Ivan's is superior or it's just very few know about Moore Mafia.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-18-2024, 06:03 AM   #2
Top Contributor

My guess is more people know about Ivan's ECU Flash than the Moore Mafia Flash.
Ivan started offering the flash for the 1700 around 2014 or so and he was a member of the forum but he has not been on the forum for over a year.

He is also probably a member of many other motorcycle forums.
I would think that is how he got the word out that he was offering an ECU flash.

The Moore Mafia flash for the Kawasaki 1700 is fairly recent, maybe a couple of years ago.

Which one is superior ? Watch the Moore mafia video on Youtube and then compare Ivan's dyno charts on his website for a similarly equipped 1700 with V&H slip ons and then decide.

Last edited by redjay; 04-18-2024 at 12:28 PM.

Old 04-18-2024, 09:08 PM   #3

Yeah, it seems with most bike flashes there's one that stands out for each make and model. For my Concours, it's from Shoodaben Engineering, commonly referred to as "Steve's Flash" after the guy who owns Shoodaben. Steve is to Connies what Ivan seems to be to Vulcan 1700s. He has been active on the main Connie forum for years and is widely acknowledged as the tuning guru and is intimately familiar with the workings of the Connie's engine.

After watching the Moore's Mafia vid, it looks like Ivan's is the clear choice. By his own admission, Moore's power improvements are very modest but provide a smoother throttle and cooler running temps. But Ivan's does that while providing impressive power gains, so Ivan's looks to be the clear winner and I would guess it's because he's devoted a lot of time figuring out the best flash for the 1700.

Last edited by Toku57; 04-18-2024 at 09:28 PM.

Old 04-19-2024, 10:13 AM   #4
Top Contributor

I guess its how you define "clear winner".

Ivan's tune makes more HP and torque but costs more for the flash and requires higher octane fuel to be used.

The Moore Mafia tune gets rid of the "rideability" issues of the Voyager, costs less for the flash and with his ECU flash you can run on 87 gas.

I guess it boils down to what benefits someone is looking for from having the ECU reprogrammed.

Last edited by redjay; 04-19-2024 at 11:13 AM.