Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #16

Does anyone on here have.........

Here's mine, no issue with touching the fender ( yet ) But I'm not going to worry about it if it does because my intention is to have the fender repainted , then have the 3M guarding put on it to protect it from rock chips and bag rubbing.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #17
Advanced Member

CheriAnn: That's too funny! I've never seen one there, either. Looks kinda funny and don't think he really knew where to put it.
Doc: Got almost all buffetting out with larger lowers and raising top shield all the way up and lowering bottom shield. Just ordered Airlite engine guard chaps a few days ago and gonna get the fork bags next. Thanks for input.
SWB: You're way ahead of me!

Old 08-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #18
Advanced Member

Voyager: That looks pretty sharp and that's what I want mine to look like.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #19
Sr. Contributor

Voyager if that doesn't hit you are lucky. Time will tell... All I can say is the first chaffing will marr the paint. Soon a point comes where you must decide to buff the paint and move the bag or change the bag to smaller or what ever else..

I was eatting paint and moved the bag to the trash. Some day I will make another.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 08-12-2009, 07:48 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to dabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancooksey
You know if you want to stop the air from the headlight all you have to do is since the bottom of the windshield is a two piece loosen i think 6 bolts around the smaller piece and slide it down to the headlight works great! Atleast on the 1600's dunno about 1500's but if its a 2 piece windshield it should. :)
agree with you about the windshield...but what is being referred to here is the air coming through above the fender, under the headligh, and up against the tank...

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiep24
Fork Bags? I'm sure some do and if you do post a pic. Besides being functional (toting something, stylish and maybe stop a little more wind under the headlight), I believe the next best thing to adding chrome is adding leather. Some call 'em tool bags, but I'm sure you can pack more than that in 'em. Thanks. Jamie
I tried it but found this a better solution:

http://home.insightbb.com/~kpmh.010/...Guard-Bags.htm

Pete

Old 08-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #22
Top Contributor

Guys: the fork bag at wally world works great. its $25 so cheap enough and its leather. Its about 10 inches wide and 6 inches tall. I cut new slits in the mounting strips(leather) so I could mount it to the light bar and not the forks. it does clear the fender alot so no marring fender. it takes five mintes to install. it looks alot like voyagers bag but no studs, and about the same size/shape. it really did block alot fo the wind under light therefore, eliminating head buffeting. That plus airlites chaps and larger lowers has gotten closer to eliminating buffeting than I have ever gotten so far. Thx to all that gave me the idea. :-)