Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Vulcan Nomad's Profile > Albums > My bikes, Chapter/events

Picture 6 of 8 from Album My bikes, Chapter/events
This is my 2002 Kawasaki Vulcan NOMAD 1500 FI "PROJECT".  A member of my chapter sold it to me very cheap (basically gave it to me).  A bent shift fork put it out of commission and he decided to part with it instead of fixing it.  This Friday my son will paint the bike for me and then I can start re-assembling it. I was wanting to move up from my 1991 Suzuki Intruder VS750, funds being tight could not afford to buy a complete running bike.  So when this member mentioned that he was going to get rid of his Vulcan I inquired about.  I have heard a lot of positive things about the Vulcan Nomads.  I also like the looks and style of them.  Mine will be JAMAICAN BLUE METALLIC" a paint code used from the 1970 Plymouth Barracuda ( a little history for you, only three 1970 Barracuda's with white interior and white vinyl top and with the 340 RT package were built and are known to still exist, sorry I am a car and bike buff).  I actually got the idea for this color from my Suzuki Intruder, however this shade that my Vulcan will be is a little liter.  Vulcan rear fender 1 32812
This is my 2002 Kawasaki Vulcan NOMAD 1500 FI "PROJECT". A member of my chapter sold it to me very cheap (basically gave it to me). A bent shift fork put it out of commission and he decided to part with it instead of fixing it. This Friday my son will paint the bike for me and then I can start re-assembling it. I was wanting to move up from my 1991 Suzuki Intruder VS750, funds being tight could not afford to buy a complete running bike. So when this member mentioned that he was going to get rid of his Vulcan I inquired about. I have heard a lot of positive things about the Vulcan Nomads. I also like the looks and style of them. Mine will be JAMAICAN BLUE METALLIC" a paint code used from the 1970 Plymouth Barracuda ( a little history for you, only three 1970 Barracuda's with white interior and white vinyl top and with the 340 RT package were built and are known to still exist, sorry I am a car and bike buff). I actually got the idea for this color from my Suzuki Intruder, however this shade that my Vulcan will be is a little liter. Vulcan rear fender 1 32812
Picture Added 05-02-2012 07:37 AM
Added by Vulcan Nomad