Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #1

roadtest and impression abs lowers.

well i have my lowers from xcrman painted , installed, and about 1000 miles on them. first off i must say the design fit and appearance just blows me away. it's like something a big company would come up with. i was impressed. i ordered colorite paint for my 08 blue and silver and went with the dark blue for the lowers. i used about 1 and 1/2 cans of blue, and primer, and bought the duplicolor clearcoat at napa, 1 spray can. the paint turned out fairly well. a little darker than the blue on the bike but not noticible. glad i went with the blue instead of silver. the mounting was a little tricky, had to do a little trimming. i guess all nomads are slightly different. the only really hard part was getting the molding around the inside edge of the vent holes. this was a bear. i had vinyl lowers before and they worked fine, but i lost about 2 mpg. the new lowers look factory and have a very aerodynamic design. they are solid with no rattles and the slide vents work great. haven't been in the rain and probably never will on this bike. my majest scooter and vstar are my rain bikes. overall i am very satified with the look, price, function, and quality, of these lowers. they do exactly what i expected of them. you all better buy some before he finds out what they're really worth and the price goes up. lol bill

Login or Register to Remove Ads