Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-09-2014, 05:22 AM   #1

Question looking to buy new pipes n fuel command modules

Hi I have a 2014 Vaquero. I'm looking at buying some new slip-ons n fuel command module but I don't want to it to loud on pricey. What do u guys recommend n where to get them at?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-09-2014, 06:18 AM   #2
Advanced Member

I just bought a 2014 myself and have been searching hard on the internet for the same items. So far Phat Performance has the best prices I have found. Cruiser Customizing is useless for the Vaquero. Good luck.

oh and I have researched the slipons. Cobra Tri Ovals might be exactly what you are looking for. I like a little more sound as I am used to the Samson exhaust on my 1500 classic, so I am going with the V&H slash cut rounds

Last edited by Ken Vega; 11-09-2014 at 06:21 AM.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:46 AM   #3
Advanced Member

pipes

I am running 2 into 1 Freedom performance and the sound is great. You would get either black or chrome system both are available. I am using a cobra auto tune fuel processor and it works great.

I have used cobras tri oval,,,, lots of popping on decel ( bad design)... I don't recommend those unless ur buying a PC5 and have it dyno.. even then they pop on decel

I have used V&H slip on also and they sound good * cheapest way to go...

The 2 in 1 totally increased my skoot performance bar none,,, I could not believe the difference... My skoot has a Thunder open K&N air intake also and so the skoot breathes better and goes like snot.. To me This set up is cat ass

My 2 Cents

Nomad 1700
Nomad 2010
Voyager trunk
Alleycat intake / YVANIZE ECU, Freedom performance 2 into 1
Kuryaken grip with Throttle mod
lost of chrome add on
Sound digital 1200.4 2 ohm
6 x 9 MPX 690 Hertz in custom fairing
6.5 hcx hertz speakers in hard bags
6.5 MPX hertz in pods

Old 11-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanrider03 View Post
I am running 2 into 1 Freedom performance and the sound is great. You would get either black or chrome system both are available. I am using a cobra auto tune fuel processor and it works great.

I have used cobras tri oval,,,, lots of popping on decel ( bad design)... I don't recommend those unless ur buying a PC5 and have it dyno.. even then they pop on decel

I have used V&H slip on also and they sound good * cheapest way to go...

The 2 in 1 totally increased my skoot performance bar none,,, I could not believe the difference... My skoot has a Thunder open K&N air intake also and so the skoot breathes better and goes like snot.. To me This set up is cat ass

My 2 Cents

Nomad 1700
The freedom exhausts are beautiful and sound good fro. The clips I have heard. My thing is I like the dual exhaust look, whichis why I am sticking with just slipons. I want a little better performance but I am not looking to add 30 hp. Just want the engine to breathe better and sound like a v twin.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
Advanced Member

I to purchased the 2014 vaq in burnt orange. and an looking for pipes too, me personally I don't care for the look of FP duels they could have done a better job leaving the heads and starting to go under the motorcycle I have seen and heard them in person, and they do sound really GOOD, appearance is half of it for me though, tri-ovals are awesome looking too but whatever I decide on will be ceramic coated black.
not sure the tri- ovals produce a good rumble and thump I like'em a little loud, but not obnoxious.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #6

Has anyone heard of or seen the V+H monster ovals on a 1700? I found a clip of them on a Yamaha Venture and they sound superb.

Expensive as hell, though.

http://www.houseofkawasaki.com/Vance...20Hines&pos=19

Been meaning to call these guys. Curious as to why they are selling them if they don't fit our bikes.

Will probably end up with one of these though

I think the V+H sound better IMO.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:36 AM   #7

I had the V-H slip ons for a bit on the Voyager and went back to a stock debaffled. Nice rumble, but not as bad as the slip ons were... Shoooo
Performace wise seem to be about the same, no real big difference there. Had a PC module and one of my BAK (stock cover) models on it
2010 Voyager (Blue/Silver)sold
2001 Nomad (gone, but not forgotten)

www.chucksterscustoms.com

Old 11-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #8

Hey I'm famous now. That was my old nomad. I have the same pipes on my vaquero now. The tri-ovals sound better with some time on them and a bit of carbon built up inside. Not to loud when cruising on the hgwy and have a good bark when you hit the throttle.

2012 Vaquero
1700 Nomad
(Deceased)
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Racnrays Invention (Throttle Mod)
Ivan's flash
Thunder Tornado Big Air Kit