Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-25-2024, 09:05 AM   #1

Is it possible to connect both shocks to one valve

Is it possible to connect both shocks to one valve, like Harley baggers have? Are there like premade kits for it? Or would it have to be pieced together? Is there any reason NOT to do it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (55.0 KB, 6 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-25-2024, 09:16 AM   #2

Yes, and there used to be (I found one NOS on Ebay and did this), apparently with the updates a Harley Kit can be adapted to the Kawasaki. No reason not to, I love the added convenience of mine.

I'm going to like to the specific article but be sure to check out the whole site.
https://gadgetsfixitpage.com/article...our-air-shocks

Old 06-25-2024, 09:39 AM   #3

Awesome, thank you!

Old Today, 07:31 AM   #4
Advanced Member

Its just simple air system plumbing. The fittings for the shocks are available through McMaster Carr, or nearly any hydraulics fittings distributor, like a Parker Store. Install an elbow into each shock port, and then a tee fitting onto on of the 90s at one shock. Other leg of the tee install the Shrader valve, then connect the shocks with air tubing between them.

I plan to do this on my 1600 Nomad dresser project. I also plan to make an air reservoir from black ABS pipe that I'll mount underneath where the "goat belly" used to be. The air reservoir can be teed into the shocks and it'll function like a much larger "air spring" so I can run the pressure in the system lower but it'll still act like a large progressive spring as the load increases or as the suspension takes bigger bunps.

I also plan to machine the fork leg caps to accept air fittings. Then I can add air forks function to the front and and adjust the forks for loads or ride quality I prefer.