Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 05-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #1

No good deed goes unpunished...almost

Local HD dealer is sponsoring a bike fest this weekend. Wife and I decided to try out our new seat bead covers and ride down to the deal (about 3 miles). As we are turning around to go toward the dealership, we see a small SUV has been in an accident, basically totaling it.

My wife says "man that happened right behind us".

I say "yep, looks like the driver is ok though, he is out and walking around"

My wife says "it is Jeffery", the son of one of my co-workers and her co-worker.

So, we pull over just short of the dealership, kickstand down, both dismount, run over two lanes of traffic to the median to see if he is ok. We take 10-15 minutes to check on him, talk to his mother and father, help clean up, etc. Then wife says "Go get the truck so we can take Jeffrey home". That's where the unpunished happens.

I go to the bike, get all geared up, hit the ignition, nothing...try it again, nothing. Being in such a hurry, I forgot to turn the key off and now the battery is drained! Curse, mumble, mumble, curse again a time or two then walk to the dealership service department. Service manager says I can use a battery charger if I can get the bike to the service bay.

Well, there are 100's of bikers there and I'm pushing the beast about 200 yds in the grass then through the parking lot to the bay, all by myself. People looking and such, no one even offering to help.

It takes me 10 minutes to get the seat off (po'd and no room for wrench, HD guys not really interested in helping), then get it hooked up. Walk around for about 20 minutes, then go back in to see if she will fire...bingo! Then I can't get the left cover on, bend the key a little, so I have to get that so it will work, reassemble the bike and we come home.

Guess I'll remember to turn the key off next time. Duh!
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Login or Register to Remove Ads