Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 07-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #1

My FIRST REAL Scare on the Highway!

When Chaz and I left for our trip last Friday morning, I had my FIRST real scare

We were in heavy rush hour traffic, and I was watching constantly, always assuming they can't see me. Well, sure enough, one didn't!!!!!!!!! We were all going about 55 mph when this lady in a big SUV in the left lane and RIGHT NEXT TO ME, started coming over into my lane ON ME!!!! I blew my horn and she NEVER stopped moving over. Going that speed, and having to go off the road (no other choice) I could have easily gone down from the loose gravel or worse, gone right into the guard rail. However, I can't explain it, but it happened right at a truck scale entrance, and I had the sense to go riding into that. Honestly, I ended up riding right on through the truck scale and coming out the other end! Chaz didn't see it happen at first (he was in front of me watching traffic himself), but when he had that lady on his rear-end tailgating him, he looked back and saw a bike riding through the truck scale and realized it was me.

I will admit to you all, that I was REALLY shaken up!!! I have had drivers start to come over, but when I blow my horn, they usually stop. Or they may be coming over at a point when I can speed up quickly to get ahead of them, or brake hard to avoid running off the road. This lady was directly next to me and I had no other choice. I am proud of myself for having the instincts to get through it okay, but I was hysterical for 10 minutes!!! It scared me so badly!!!!

I told Chaz I want an air horn on my bike!!!!!!!!!!!! :(" title="" border="0"/>

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Login or Register to Remove Ads