Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #1

Fire and Steel Kawasaki light bar

I bought the Fire and Steel light bar for the Nomad and was wondering how otheres have wired it to their bikes. It comes with an adapter that will plug into the head light and then remain on all the time to be turned off with the switch that comes with the light bar. Not sure I like the idea of having them on and off with a switch as I ride with them on during the day and know I would forget to turn them off. By law in PA I understand that they should be wired to run with the brights on and when the regular head light is used they are off. That is what a PA motorcycle mechanic told me. Is he correct? Has anyone wired them so they turn off and on with the key or should they be wired so they come on when the engine is running like the head light. I am not sure what to do and if I follow the directions that come with the light bar it has them on and off with the switch on the bar - which means they could be on with the bike parked and not running. How do you have yours wired and have you had any problems? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Eagleman
VBA# - 01172
2006 Vulcan Nomad Green/Silver

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles:
they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Login or Register to Remove Ads