Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #1

I'm thinking towards a car tire

And I'm hoping that I don't ever say "darkside". You all sound like a bunch of cult members when you talk like that! Trying to get people to go darkside etc. :)

I really wanted to wait till there were many, many people with high miles on a Nomad before considering it. Like 50 nomads with 50,000 miles type of a sample. I wanted to know what long term effects there might be, that don't show up till way down the road.

However...

I had a CPA do my business taxes this year,(usually do turbo tax and buy their guarantee, plus this is the first year I did private practice full-time) and found that I wasn't withholding enough throughout the year. I charge $85 an hour, but when I'm done with state, IRS and all the other withholding I'm making about what I made at my first job out of Grad School.

The end result is, I'm screwed and owe a lot more taxes than I budgeted for. My tire is nearing replacement, and I'm broke.

I might get a car tire out of financial necessity, not out of any need to join a cult :)

If I do, I'll do some careful video and actual tape measure testing of stopping, small circles, speed through a certain corner, etc. so I can really compare a car tire. Rather than the seat of the pants evaluation that you hear from the cult all the time :)

Now don't you all do that "Welcome to the cult" talk like you did to Al, "Chainsaw"!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads