Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 04-06-2015, 10:57 PM   #1

Changing turn signal light bar

Need help with wiring. Stock turn signal light bar has 3 wires. blue, green and black/yellow. New turn signal has red and black. LED running lights have white, black, red and black. No instruction with the light bar purchased. Any help would be appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-07-2015, 09:27 AM   #2

Black/yellow is ground on a Nomad. I don't have my manual handy but it is easy to figure out which is parking and which is turn out of the blue and green wires, use a test light.
With regards to the new lights, black is almost always ground in the automotive world while red is positive. Because the white is paired with black, white should be positive. Since a led light is a diode, which only allows power to flow one way, you can't wire them backwards they simply won't light up.
If you want to check, touch the leads of your led light to the neg and pos post of a 12v battery, it will only light with the correct polarity and do no harm except not light in the wrong polarity.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 04-07-2015, 07:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
Black/yellow is ground on a Nomad. I don't have my manual handy but it is easy to figure out which is parking and which is turn out of the blue and green wires, use a test light.
With regards to the new lights, black is almost always ground in the automotive world while red is positive. Because the white is paired with black, white should be positive. Since a led light is a diode, which only allows power to flow one way, you can't wire them backwards they simply won't light up.
If you want to check, touch the leads of your led light to the neg and pos post of a 12v battery, it will only light with the correct polarity and do no harm except not light in the wrong polarity.
Blue is brake.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewalkman View Post
Blue is brake.
Your right if he is talking about the rear of the bike. I assumed from his discription he was talking about the front light bar. If so it has blue going into red/blue for parking and green for left turn signal and green going into green yellow for right.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136