Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #1

Back from bike week with broken Nomad

Went to bike week and almost froze to death but had a good time Monday. We were coming home yesterday and stopped to get gas in Alabama and then it happened - it wouldn't crank when we got ready to leave. I had lights and horn but no shift neutral light. I tried everything with the tools I had and couldn't find the problem. Luckily there was a hotel behind the truck stop so I called my good ole father in-law who drove 3.5 hours with a trailer to get me. We stopped at a Kawasaki dealer today who thinks it may be the side stand switch. I thought if the nuetral switch didn't work when you pull the clutch lever in it would by-pass the switch. The dealer said no that the side stand switch would kill the starter from getting fire. He said it makes the ground through the switch. There is also a start kill switch at the clutch lever. I pulled the headlight out and could only find 1 hot wire with the key on. I can't tell where the neutral switch is unless it's inside the left side cover. It's probably simple but after riding all day and getting dark I gave up looking for the problem. Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas? ???
Oh, bike week is almost all Harley but I did see about 10 Nomads and left cards on them. I even met a Canadian on a black Nomad.
Thanks,
Zoom45

Bobby Risher
Terry, MS
Kawanow member # 124
South Central Group
2000 Nomad 1500 (carbed) 128,000 miles

Login or Register to Remove Ads