Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthCentral Group

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #16
Sr. Contributor

Who is going?

Those livestock trucks are worse in the rain. My bike smelled like one after getting doused. It depends on how it goes and how my ass feels. If I get to Valentine and it's not late, I may carry on. The other thing is, I was thinking of going north of Valentine and into SD that way. I've been on the RT 20 way by car and I was thinking of something different. Are there cons going through SD from Valentine? Gas is a big deal too. I don't recall a lot of stations, let alone premium fuel. It'll be fun I am sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01nomad
The bulk of construction was West of Des Moines. As far as pushing you, I would hate to spend the night in Valentine. The time change is 20 miles west of there so you get an extra hour and that can get you to Chadron. Another 40 minutes will get you to Custer. I guess it depends what time you get started to make it. Get in behind a cattle truck about 1/4 mile and you'll make good time and you don't have to worry about one running over you, or peeing on you as they go by. Have a good and safe trip.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Login or Register to Remove Ads