Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #11
Advanced Member

Air Shock Balance Kits - for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldhthept
id be interested in a set. also, how is everyone checking pressure in the shocks without losing all the air? i have been putting off checking it and doing this mod cause i dont really understand how to check the pressure. i know you need a zero air loss gauge but have not found one. can i use my compressor and set the pressure gauge low so as not to bust the bladders in the shocks?
I wouldn't get a compressor anywhere near one of these shocks. The bladders are very small. It only takes a few strokes with a hand pump to fully inflate them.

You need a zero-loss pump, which includes a gauge. I bought one from a Harley Davidson dealer, but you can usually find them on eBay for a lot less. Progressive makes a real good one.

Here's an example of what you need to look for:
http://www.amazon.com/PROGRESSIVE-GA.../dp/B000GU1BZC
Instead of spending huge $ on e-bay or amazon and shipping go down to your local Bicycle shop and ask them for a zero loss hand pump. They will (or should) hand you a pump for use that has a gauge on it (mention that too) for about 20.00 or less if there having a sale
You won't find it at Walmart, but any good local bike shop that sells and services bikes as there main business should have one, or can get one in for you fairly cheap. Hope that helps anyone looking for one.

Scott.