Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2012, 02:52 AM   #1

Exclamation Mark 2008 vulcan nomad Fuel Pump Info needed

Hi all,

I have a 2008 vuulcan nomad with just under 70 k on clock. I have had the bike since new. Bike is now out of warranty but at about 30 K the fuel pump had to be replaced because it was screaming. I now have the same problem 30 K later. It appears that this is because kawasaki did away with fuel filter when they changed the tank shape for this model. Problem is the price for a fuel pump in Australia is $900.00. Can any one tell me what the pumps manufacturers name and what part number it is? I reckon the pump will be a standard item made by bosch or similar which i will be able to get for under $200. Kawasaki Australia hasn't been helpful at all. I have tried ceaning pump and it is obvious when you look at the way these pumps have been installed by kawasaki that their failure is inevitable. The screen on the base of these pumps is inadequate and the pick up is located at the lowest point of the tank so fuel pump has to suck 'gunk' and will fail in time. Other solution would be to devise a way to incorporate a fuel filter on inlet side like they had in the previous model. Love to hear from others with similar experiences and solutions, Thanks Mark.

Login or Register to Remove Ads