Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > Western Canada/Northwest Regional Rally for 2012 - "Canadian Rockies Rally"
July 17-19

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
WTF I just can't believe it !!

Hi to everyone,
Well the season is starting to change in most regions of the continent, and the thoughts of riding are becoming more prevalent in most of our minds. I know I have started to finally focus on some needed maintenance on the ol’ Nomad before I put it on the road for another year. A lot of us have been busy planning our regional rally’s and our vacations needed, to attend. We here, in the west are no different and have been working on “The Canadian Rockies Rally” for some time now. You probably know that the “NorthWest Group” has teamed up with the “Canada West Region” to host a combined rally for our two groups. It takes place July 17th, 18th, and the 19th. All the info can be found at http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23973
As some of you know I was injured at my place of employment a couple of yrs. ago and have just fairly recently returned back to work. After being off for such a long time I have accrued a number of weeks vacation that need to be used up before April 1st 2012. Because that won’t be possible, I will be “forced off” by my employer for almost two months until they are used up. Contract rules. This may not sound too bad to some of you and I admit being off work on paid vacations isn’t too hard to take. But having said that I must say that I found out that, after being off on what we call “Workers Compensation” for longer than a year, I stop accruing vacations for the following year. That being 2012 for me. This means I have only five days vacations for this year instead of my regular six weeks. I need to explain that I have recently purchased a house in preparation for early retirement and had made plans to take possession of it using those five days {the first week of July}. My plan was to take the next few weeks following that to attend the rally and spend more time at the new home. But with the news that I only have five vacation days, it looks as though, at this time anyway, that I am going to be unable to attend the rally. To say this has devastated me and almost makes me want to scream would be an understatement to be sure. I have informed Trip, Kris Olsen and my Asst. R.L. Kevin Clark of the dilemma, and I have no doubt that Kris and Kevin can handle anything that happens to come up. I am still working on obtaining door prizes and support from Kawasaki Canada and have been assured that they will be able to help us out. I have also obtained support from http://www.behindbarscyclegear.com/ In general, everything looks to be in place and ready to go. I am going to remain hopeful right up to the last minute that something is going to come along that will allow me to attend. I have wanted to host a rally for our region since first coming to the old KawaNOW back in 2007, so I am disappointed beyond belief, that the likelihood of me attending is slim. I’m sure that a good time will be had by all that attend this “first in Canada” V.B.A. rally, and that it’ll be a huge success. I ask that everyone please cross your fingers for me, that I’ll be able to attend, at least in part.
Best regards to everyone and in solidarity,
Rick “rickyboy” Cole

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads