Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #10

i will add all of the motorcycle control points. clutch,front brake,shifter,rear brake. these points get overlooked untill there is a problem. on my vaquero the clutch lever had become quite noisy,gritty feeling. i disassembled inspected and cleaned. before i reassembled i noted that the bolt shoulder that holds the clutch lever on was worn silver on one side and not on the other. i taped up the threads and chucked it into my cordless drill. (be careful not to tighten the chuck to much as it will damage the threads.) i then cut a piece of 320grit sand paper the same width as the bolt shoulder approx. 2" long. then holding the trigger on the drill i also held the shoulder of the bolt with the sand paper. this only takes a few secs. (approx. 20 secs.) to polish the bolt shoulder. then i reassembled everything with a light coating of bel-ray chain lube. now it operates smooth and quite as it should.
VBA #01967
PCV
Black Thunder Tornado Air Kit
V&H Slip-ons
Racin Ray Throttle mod
Black Kuryakyn Mirrors
Black Kuryakyn Grips
Black Powder Coated Crash Bars, Highway Pegs, and Saddle Bag Handles
KQR Sissy Bar and Luggage Rack
Red Lenses and LED's on the rear with
Run,Brake,Turn Signal Control w/flash equalizer