Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by drof View Post
Very nice! I've been looking around at changing the tail of my vaquero as well. I love what you did with the lights. What are you using the hold the LEDs in place? Did you just tie into the turn signal wires for those? I'm assuming you'll have to put a "loader" on them to get the stock flash rate? You mention tieing into the run/turn/brake module. Forgive my ignorance here but what do you mean by that?
The LEDs are a side-emitting self adhesive led strip from Auto-Zone. No brackets just peel and stick. I cut the plug ends off the OE wires and soldered them on.
My flash rate is normal because I did the electronic flasher conversion detailed in the "electrical" forum. I'm on my phone or I'd include a link. The conversion is MUCH simpler on the Vaquero because of separate indicator bulbs.
The run/turn/brake module is an add on to convert the existing turn signals to multi purposed running lights, turn signals, and brake lights.
formerly 2005 Nomad - black/silver