Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #1

New additions to the Nomad

I recently purchased a slightly used Premeux trunk and Russell Day-Long seat from Petenomad, who now owns a new Kawasaki Concours. I got both items installed and took off work last Friday to go for a nice ride with three friends. We rode to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, ate lunch and then made our way back home. I logged about 320 miles. The weather was perfect, sunny skies, high temperature around 78 degrees, and only a light breeze. We had a great time.

Since I went from a Mustang three piece seat to the Day-Long, I wanted to give my impression of the new seat. When I first sat on the Day-Long, I really didn't notice that it was more comfortable. I do sit forward a bit more and I think I sit up straighter. Where I really noticed the difference was a couple of hours into the ride. With the Mustang, my rear would start to bother me and I was ready for the leader of any group I was riding with to stop for a while. With the Day-Long, I don't notice that I am squirming around to redistribute my weight. I can just stay seated and keep riding. It is a huge difference! I also really like the additional storage the trunk gives me. I was riding with a friend who was on his new Harley Ultra Classic and he commented on how well made my trunk was.

I am very happy with both the trunk and seat. Here are a couple of pictures of the Nomad with the new additions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0352.jpg (103.6 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0358.jpg (98.6 KB, 156 views)

Joe "Griz" Grisolano
2008 Arctic Pearl Honda Goldwing
2008 Black/Red Nomad - Traded September, 2013
VBA #1210
Pittsburg, Kansas

Login or Register to Remove Ads