Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #1

Coming up for air

Greetings all,
I know I haven't been around much as of late. I often lurk and occasionally throw out a comment, but I really haven't had the time to spend here. Obamanomics has hit my section of the performing arts industry pretty hard, at least to the point where I'm traveling even more than normal. Gotta go where the work is. In fact, I've only burned two tanks of gas on the Nomad in the last two years!!!
I know...right? Insane.

So today it's 80º and beautiful here in the Springs, So I walked away from my desk and fired up the Nomad and got in a short 60 mile ride in lieu of an early lunch. Wonderful! Bike ran like a raped ape up the Interstate and ran some twisties like a champ. Sure felt good to be on two wheels again, and for a 14 year old motorcycle. I still couldn't be happier with it.

More changes on the near horizon for me, which I'll update everyone on once they solidify, but I wanted to check in and say I'm still here, ornery as ever and I do hope to connect with many of you again someday.

Now, off to Chicago for three days (Hi Greg! How far are you from Tinley Park?) and then back to Las Vegas, but I will be home again next Wednesday.

Now that the weather has warmed up here (as I said, 80º today, but we had school closings because of snow last week), a lot of motorcycles are out, and a lot of accidents are happening. Keep alerts guys and keep the shiny side up.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads