Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #1

Common sence back firing solved 1700 vulcans

I forget there was a thread on solving the back fire problem on 1700 vulcans with tri oval mufflers. Right from the set go with I put on my tri ovals and after riding a block I had what everyone said back firing in my tri ovals. Common sence tells you what causes this problem it is gas vapor sitting in the pipe not burned and when air gets at it well of coarse it back fires. I right away set up my RPM by +50 and right away the problem was solved. Nothing else wrong just unburned gas vapor when shutting down throttle and air is restricted so when it does get some fresh air bang goes the pipes. Does not do it now and probably never will again. So easy to ad +50 RPM just play with your S switch till it comes up idle and add +50. Works for me and you do not even notice the +50 RPM really when at an idle.

So all of you that have a barking mufflers add the RPM and your problem will be solved.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
backfire, tri ovals