Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #17

So here I am once again to fill you in on the latest. Even after my 75 mile run without issues, I went for another short ride a few days later thinking all was well but to my surprise the clutch started slipping quite badly even after that short ride. I bumped the MC banjo fitting to get me home and it worked fine. Now I was thinking that having the clean fluid in the system may have loosened up more crap in the lines etc so I took apart the MC and installed the new kit. Also made sure the tiny pinhole in the MC was cleaned out. I then did the same cleaning to the slave cylinder, put it all back together and bled the system real gone. It took a while for all the air to bleed out but once it was done I had perfect clutch lever action with a little play before the clutch actuated. I think I finally have my problem solved. I cannot reiterate enough the importance of replacing old clutch fluid and cleaning out the system.
I am confident that I have my problem solved now and will post again after some ridding to confirm that as I know many others have had clutch problems.
Thanks again to all, especially "gillisfire', your experience helped a lot.