Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #1

Holding me back!

I just got a 2005 nomad with 24k. It's stock with a trunk. I changed the plugs and fluids, got a uni air filter and a bully fi controller. I've been riding a 1995 virago 1100 the past few years and this bike is way different! This forum and gadgets page are incredibly helpful but I would appreciate some feedback about two things. There is some vibration just above idle in neutral or any gear. Compression, btw is 160 in both cylinders. How many of you owners experience this or should it be almost vibe free? The second thing is when I shake my handlebars when the bike is parked it feels rubbery, like the forks were made of rubber! There is no wobble at any speed and I don't think the steering is loose. Is this normal or should it be rock solid at rest? I want to love this bike and make a bunch of road trips and ride with some of you but these two issues are holding me back. Your feedback would be so appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
forks, vibration