Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2015, 05:27 PM   #1

1999 Nomad for sale: $1950.00

Hi all; I'm selling my 99 Nomad, the bike that sold me on Kawasaki baggers. I'm purchasing a 2003 Nomad and I simply don't have the room.

Here's the details:

This bike is a strong runner: I commute on her (plus other rides) daily for a big part of the year and she's garaged when she's not on the road. I am the second owner; the first owner lived in Tucson, AZ and kept her in the garage more than I have. The speedometer has been replaced and just yesterday, the current one went wonko. The bike has 72,400 miles on her (+/- just a few).

Here's what I've done: newer clutch with less than 5k on her (all components replaced from springs to washers); cam tensioner extenders, new back tire with less than 200 miles on it, regular oil/filter/fluid changes between 3k and 4k miles for the last six years, aftermarket grips. I did a full swing arm service three years ago and I've lubed the driveshaft twice since then.

More history: The oil pump gear has been upgraded. New rings were installed at 36,000 miles.

Here's the cons: the windshield is OEM. It's not as clear as it is in the pic (wearing out on the edges). Speedometer is shot (I have a bead on a replacement but will negotiate price a bit if I can't get my hands on it). The seat is OEM and has a small slit near the tank.

Bike runs beautifully, the paint is good to excellent (the decals and pin striping have worn a bit), chrome is beautiful. NO RUST. I had the front fender repainted last year to remove stone chips. Other wear and tear from 16 years have all rubbed and polished out nicely. I baby this bike and have since I brought it up from Tucson.

I'm pricing this to sell and I wouldn't hesitate to take it out for a full week or more: I'm still getting 120-130 miles per tank (remember, small tank on the 99). It's never let me down and it's never been dropped).

I'm rather attached to this bike, so it needs a good home. I just had to make a choice! I will supply more images--just have to take them. I wanted to get this out here and get some feedback or interest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1500-nomad.jpg (54.1 KB, 90 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads