Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2015, 03:28 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to johnberryus
Pissed Funky Blinker

OK, Ive been having an intermittent problem all winter and can't figure out what might be causing it.

When I start the bike up in the morning the turn signal on the right front is dimmed when activated (the light is full strength as a running light but when you hit the turn signal it looks as if its not getting enough power, visible in the dark but not bright enough to see in the day) and it fast flashes as if the bulb is dead. I commute 9.1 miles to work everyday and usually by the time I get to work the blinker is acting normally again.

I thought this might be a condensation build up type of thing but the light socket and housing are dry. It also has been getting worse.

Could I have a bad Relay or Sending unit? Anybody else ever have a similar problem?

2006 Silver and Black XL1200R Sportster "Beauty" (Sadly this is up for sale)

VBA #2066

Mokwa
Officer
Road Captain
Legion Of Sin MC

"Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time." - General S. George Patton Jr

Login or Register to Remove Ads