Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2015, 08:37 PM   #1

DM Handle Bar review

I wanted to write up a quick review on the Don Myers (DM) bars I installed last week. I have a 2014 Vaquero, am 5.11, 170 lbs. and have a Corbin solo seat (young guns) installed.

The bars were the 11.5 inch, bolt on type; meaning the DM bars fit properly with the stock cables and hoses. The DM bars were powder coated black, and where professionally wrapped and shipped. Mr. Myers provided me with a tracking number and was a pleasure to deal with.

The install was easy and took about 2.5 hours, this included the removal of the old bars and the install of new AVON grips. After riding approximately 300 miles, taking several trips, these are my thoughts:

My upper body position (torso and arms) have moved towards the front of the bike. Instead of my torso being vertical, it now leans forward (See pics). I now sit in a more aggressive riding position. This give me the impression that I have more control over the bike, at speed. I have found that this aggressive position has me driving faster, which has led to the floorboards scraping the pavement more than before.

I have also discovered that slow speed maneuvering (parking lot, gas stations, etc.) requires me to move my body (slide my butt) forward in the Corbin seat. This allows my torso to remain upright for balance and provides me better control of the handlebars when conducting the slow speed turns.

I have learned that the clutch and break levers touch my windshield at full right/left lock. I believe this may be a combination of my Cee-Bailey 7inch windshield and the fact that I have my levers extremely dipped in a downward position. Not a big deal, but I am conscious about it when backing into a parking space

All in all, I am extremely happy with the DM bars. They were exactly what I was looking for; and in conjunction with the Corbin seat, have allowed me to “stretch out” on the Vaquero.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3687.jpg (93.5 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3701.jpg (94.7 KB, 248 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads